If Content is King Search Engine Optimization is Kingdom. Every online player wants more traffic, but how to get it? SEO is the answer. With the proper execution of apt SEO strategies, you can see your site ranking higher on Google, resulting in more traffic and better conversion ratio. SEO no longer works on the same equation how it used to a few years ago. Google has made several changes to its search engine algorithms. If you adhere to the old SEO landscape, thinking stuffing enough keywords or creating fake backlinks for your website would work for you, then you are largely mistaken.
The need of the hour is to focus on optimizing the pages for the visitors. It has now become a procedural and erudite practice. Internet marketers used to consider all the SEO stuff to fall under one umbrella of activities however; it is divided into two major parts: on-page and off-page SEO.
Practicing On-Page SEO
As the name suggests, on-page SEO includes all the modus operandi you can apply on your site to improve search engine ranking. It is done on content and technical elements both, to improve the reach. On-page SEO is directly proportionate to the relevant traffic you can attract to your website. It gives you control over the dynamics that persuade rankings. Stuff that can be optimized with on-page SEO is:
- Keywords – Keywords are the targeted search words. To reach your target audience, you need ongoing work on keywords research and building. It is an exhaustive task to work on but yield amazing results in the long run.
- Google Headings – There are various heading tags like H1, H2, paragraph, and more. H1 tag is used for the headline. You need to ensure you are using proper tags as the first thing visitors read is the headline.
- Alt Text – Alt text is used for images. We usually ignore alt text considering it to be less relevant and valuable. That is not the case. Alt text can help search engines to rank you higher.
- Website Speed – Your website should load and navigate within 2 seconds. If it is taking more than 3 seconds, your site will observe a high bounce rate. The slow loading page will be penalized with a lower ranking. Be aware!
- Videos – Create appealing videos and put them on relevant portals like YouTube, DailyMotion, and more.
Practicing Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO is your image or impression on Google. Backlinks are the most popular off-page technique. Gone are the days of buying spammy backlinks to boost page rank. Google search engine is becoming smarter with every algorithm update. If you end up with irrelevant backlinks, your page would be penalized with a downward ranking. Honesty is the best policy. It might take time but the only way to reap results in the long run. Few ways to practice off-page SEO are:
- Backlinks - Focus on quality and not quantity. Create quality backlinks from an authoritative site to build an image and improve page rank.
- Infographics – They are a highly underrated track with great potential. Work on some creative infographics and improve your page ranking.
- Guest Post - Talk to good websites and write a guest post in your area of expertise.
- Broken Links - Find websites relevant to your business where you can locate broken links. Talk to them and use those broken links to your advantage.
Hope this article would have helped you to understand how crucial is an SEO marketing
strategy and its right implementation is. If you want to apply these tactics to your company, hire SEO expert
. Reach out now and relax while we work to improve your page ranking.